You’ll be wearing your wedding rings for the rest of your lives, so they have to be perfect. Good news for the person proposing, unlike choosing an engagement ring, on this occasion you don’t have to do it alone. Buying your wedding rings is something you can do with your loved one… What fun for a day out in Nelson!
As a Nelson Wedding Celebrant, I’m often asked about the place of wedding bands within your ceremony… Your wedding rings importantly symbolise your love and commitment for your partner, marking the beginning of your lives together.
As a gesture of commitment you may choose to follow the tradition of buying each others ring, but that doesn’t mean you can’t choose them together.
Here are my top 5 tips for choosing the perfect wedding band in Nelson.
- Set a budget – Being sensible doesn’t need to take the romance away. In fact, it signifies the first steps on your road to a strong, happy and healthy relationship. You will make decisions and choices together, and many of these will be financial. When you budget for your wedding bands, you’ll need to consider the type of metal you prefer, whether you’d like embellishments (stones) and/or engraving.
- To match or not to match – You and your partner might be a match made in heaven, but that doesn’t mean your wedding rings have to look the same. Some couples like the significance of matching bands, but if you like gold and your partner prefers platinum, don’t fret. Remember you’re wearing these for the rest of your lives, so choose something you love as much as your betrothed!
- Perfectly practical – When you choose your ring bear in mind that you’ll want to wear it everyday. There’s no point in choosing a diamond encrusted, platinum wedding band, if you’re going to be worried about wearing it to work.
- Don’t delay – Start your search for your wedding bands early. Once again, these are going to be with you for the rest of your lives, so you don’t want to rush a decision or the fitting of this important piece of jewellery.
- Talk to an expert – Visit Benjamin Black Goldsmiths in Nelson. Benjamin is a wonderful craftsman who creates exquisite hand crafted jewellery, designed to last for generations. He specialises in custom made jewellery, including your wedding rings!