Everybody wants to look and feel their best on their special day; now I’m not going to profess that I know all about wedding makeup and hair, but I do know a few Nelson people that do!
I’ve lived in Nelson my whole life, and that’s why I’ve put together my Little Black Book, so I can share with you my local knowledge of fantastic suppliers of wedding services in the Nelson region. It’s a resource that I constantly update, so check back for new recommendations, and if you’re looking for something I don’t have covered, tell me and I’ll put my feelers out for the best in the business!
But back to wedding makeup and hair, I’ve had a chat with my favourite suppliers, and here’s what I’ve discovered.
- Be yourself – Don’t go for a brand new look on your big day, you want to feel comfortable, and drastic changes won’t help you feel like yourself.
- Don’t DIY – Remember that your wedding makeup has to last all day, (and it’s likely to be a hot summer’s day!) Plus you’ll want to look radiant in your photographs. To that end professional wedding makeup is a great investment. The lovely Kate from KO Cosmetics is a true professional. She has years of experience in the fashion, styling and beauty industry, and she’ll enhance your natural beauty.
- Be open to advice – When it comes to your hairdo trust your stylist. Show them pictures of your dress and take any headpiece to your initial consultation. You might think you want a stylish up do, but trust their experience and be open to suggestions. The team at Ursula Harris are responsible for the tamed tresses and glamourous locks of many a Nelson bride.
- Practice makes perfect – Do book a trial for hair and makeup. I know that you’ll be crazy busy, but it really is important to fit these in, and it will help calm your nerves knowing that it’s all organised.
- And relax – Take a little time to treat yourself and indulge at the spa prior to your big day. Woman Beauty Day Spa in Nelson, offer a Tropical Paradise Ritual as part of one of their Bridal Packages.