We may be enjoying a late Indian summer at the moment, but there’s no doubt that the winter months are not too far away… But that shouldn’t stop you planning your special day, in fact a Nelson Winter Wedding can be just as perfect as summer time nuptials in the region! Here are 7 reasons why…
- The sun still shines in winter. Nelson has a fabulous climate, whilst winter days may start and end with cooler temperatures, your Nelson winter wedding could likely still benefit from a corker of a day! Between June and August the average daytime highs sit at 13 degrees C, that’s not too shabby!
- Look better for longer… Without high summertime temperatures everything from your cake, to your flowers, to your makeup, will look better for longer!
- You won’t need a rainy day venue. I find that a lot of couples who plan summer weddings, end up planning two! They may have booked an outside venue, but they always need to secure a rainy day venue as well. The chances are that for a winter wedding, you will only be planning an inside venue… That means less planning and less stress. It’s a #winwin situation.
- About that venue… You’ll have more choice. Venues for summer weddings can get booked up years in advance, but plan a Nelson winter wedding, and you’ll likely find much more availability.
- Party of the season. Would you believe that wedding fatigue is a thing? As a celebrant I will never tire of attending beautiful ceremonies. But apparently as a twenty or thirty something year old, some people suffer from wedding fatigue, with their friends beginning their journeys to married life at the same time. So step away from the crowd and get married in winter to ensure your wedding is the social event of the season!
- Smile for the camera. Winter days often don’t have the same sun and shading issues, so your photographer will thank you for choosing a winter wedding. Your photos will look fabulous with snow capped hills in the background.
- Let’s talk $$$. Your wedding could cost you less as venues and other suppliers may be happy to charge lower rates in winter. If your guests are traveling from afar they can take advantage of cheaper flights and accommodation out of the high season.
If you’re planning a Nelson winter wedding and would like to find out more about how I can help as a celebrant, please contact me HERE.